Serie archiviate ("Feed non attivo" status)
When? This feed was archived on October 31, 2021 15:09 (). Last successful fetch was on May 21, 2021 00:41 ()
Why? Feed non attivo status. I nostri server non sono riusciti a recuperare un feed valido per un periodo prolungato.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 277136457 series 2695480
In this episode, the gents continue to discuss philia, or friendship, the second love in the C.S. Lewis/Ancient Greek hierarchy of love. This discussion focuses on C.S. Lewis' opinion of friendship and how he wrote about it in his seminal work The Four Loves.
- Why did the ancients revere friendship?
- What does it mean that friendship is the least "natural" love?
- The relationship between Romanticism, Naturalism, and our modern beliefs on friendship.
- C.S. Lewis' (likely) take on Aristotle's three types of friendship.
- Friendship and Companionship.
- How does friendship arise?
- Signs of a good friendship.
- Misconceptions of friendship.
- Friendship and homosexuality.
- Distortions of philia.
- In-group vs. out-group mindsets.
View the full show notes here.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe. Also, check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you can do by signing up for our newsletter. You can also contact us via email or Twitter (links are on our website). We look forward to continuing the conversation with you.
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support