Manage episode 301880767 series 1601405
Kevin and Thom have been following the progress or lack of progress of revitalizing churches as they regather. After several months of regathering, these churches have six definitive trends.
1. Regathered worship attendance is about 20% lower.
2. A paradox of celebration and exhaustion is present among the members.
3. Lingering conflict over COVID issues remain.
4. Some formerly faithful members are AWOL.
5. New guests are coming.
6. Opportunities and challenges are exacerbated.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Six Key Post-COVID Updates on Revitalizing Churches appeared first on Church Answers.