Manage episode 319796393 series 3009142
Sarah Lenox is an active duty Army spouse, a mom, and an advocate with the armed forces housing advocates organization. Her husband, a paratrooper and almost three-year-old son, is stationed in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Today Sarah will share her quite harrowing experience with MHPI housing. She shares some major struggles with MHPI and her involvement with AHFA.
Be sure to tune in to this episode as it's incredibly insightful as Sarah shares all that AHFA is doing to help make this better for our military community.
Highlights from today's episode:
- About Sarah (1:14)
- Moving in, chronic respiratory issues, and unanswered questions (2:26)
- Trying to find answers, displacement, and reaching out to AHFA (11:28)
- Suspicions were never confirmed, and problems affecting readiness (15:05)
- Emotionally exhausted and feeling helpless (19:07)
- AHFA advocate and how this nonprofit helps the military community (21:15)
- AHFA advocates for more than environmental hazards (24:52)
- Military housing being exempt from Evans Law (27:00)
- PCS homelessness (28:52)
- The end goal of AHFA (32:06)
- The military community isn't siloed anymore with technology (35:21)
- How can the military community help (36:53)
- Rapid Fire (40:55)
Did you know about AHFA before today's episode? Have you had an experience like Sarah's? I would love to know! Join me on social and chat about it over the next four weeks.
Thanks for joining me on today's episode of, The American MILSpouse! If you enjoyed today's episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen, give me a 5 star, and leave a review to help me reach even more military spouses. Also, don't forget to check out my website or hang out with me on Instagram to stay connected with others in the community.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/theamericanmilspouse/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/theamericanmilspouse/support