Shocking Numbers about the PSLF Waiver and the IDR Waiver, Plus Special Guest Taylor from the SLP Community
Manage episode 336437984 series 2471867
An earth-shattering report about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program came out a few weeks ago by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). I’m diving in and breaking it down, so you can see just how powerful the PSLF Waiver and IDR Waiver could be if more people knew about it. I’m also sitting down with Taylor, a special guest from the SLP community. As a borrower herself, Taylor’s case study illustrates who may or may not benefit from the PSLF or IDR waiver.
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- Why the PSLF report is so shocking (spoiler alert: $145 billion is eligible for immediate forgiveness, but people are missing out – especially teachers)
- About $8 billion in student loans has been forgiven through the PSLF Waiver
- The Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Waiver will see billions more being forgiven, but borrowers are still waiting for that to process before seeing any tangible results
- Taylor’s student loan story
- How Taylor accumulated her loans while pursuing her undergrad degree
- Taylor’s mix of public and private loans from grad school
- What to expect from the upcoming IDR Waiver
- Who is eligible for the PSLF Waiver
- What holds so many teachers and counselors back from taking advantage of the Waiver
- My fear about millions missing out on this opportunity
- How you can do your part to spread our message to more people who need it
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?