#14: Menopause, hormones & aging: how strength training counteracts hormonal changes & improves healthspan
Manage episode 363424668 series 3449217
In this week's episode, I dive into what is going on with women's bodies in perimenopause and menopause and how strength training is really the key to keeping our bodies functioning properly and serving us well through the rest of our lives.
In menopause, our estrogen levels change dramatically. I review all the ways that loss of estrogen negatively impacts the condition of our bodies and the vital role that weight training plays in counteracting it. If you're a woman in her 30s, 40s or 50s, you won't want to miss this one!
- What are perimenopause, menopause & post-menopause?
- What are the most common symptoms of menopause?
- What age do people hit menopause?
- How long does perimenopause last?
- What's going on with our hormones in menopause?
- What's the role of estrogen, and what happens when there is less of it?
- How to maintain and increase your strength
- How to improve bone density
- What kind of weight training is effective to counteract the changes
- and more!
#menopause #perimenopause #menopausehealth #hrt #menopausefitness #fabulousafter50 #fitafter40 #weighttrainingbenefits #whateverywomanneedstoknow
Follow me on Instagram: befitafter40_withlynn/
Support the show:
If you'd like to support the show, you can Buy Me A Coffee ☕
Guide: How to start weight training after 40 >>
Guide: 5 Things You Need to Do to Build Muscle >>
Guide: The Truth about why your body changes in your 40s >>
For weekly tips and information subscribe to my newsletter>>
My favorite stuff:
Looking for dumbbells or a walkpad? Here are my recommendations >>