Manage episode 285711497 series 2775031
𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 - 𝟎𝟐/𝟐𝟏/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
- Was it an Earthquake?
- Have Construction Codes Improved since 1988?
- Do Contractors Comply with Regulations?
- Is Armenia Ready for The Big One?
- Is there Earthquake Preparedness in Armenia?
- What Conversations are not Happening?
- 𝐃𝐫. 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐢𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐧 is a structural and civil engineering professor at UC Berkeley with research focus on earthquake engineering. He is a co-founder and was president of the American University of Armenia from 2014 until 2019.
- 𝐀𝐬𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧
Episode 50 | Recorded: February 19, 2021