Manage episode 302443615 series 1402108
Having accomplished his goal of transforming the gaming industry, Johnson Yeh is now turning his attention to his long-time passion: circular economy and sustainability. He founded ROEHL to provide consumers with a more sustainable and convenient lifestyle, starting with a subscription-based home appliance service.
Johnson recently sat down with Oscar Ramos in our Shanghai recording studio. Listen for their discussion on:
- Why Johnson left his job at the summit of the gaming industry to pursue this mission
- What we can do in a world of planned obsolescence
- Economic benefits to a circular economy
- How ROEHL is speeding up the rate of green-tech adoption, starting with air-purifying products
- China’s leading position in green technology
- The most exciting opportunities for new companies in the sector
About the speaker:
Johnson Yeh is the founder and CEO of ROEHL, the world’s first Lifestyle-as-a-Service (L.a.a.S) company. Before founding ROEHL in 2019, Johnson led Riot Games in China, Southeast Asia, and Japan. Under his leadership, LPL and e-sport went through a formidable transformation, becoming China's biggest spectator sport, with viewing numbers increasing by 15 times in 5 years. In 2019, the total number of hours watched reached 4 billion in China alone, surpassing CSL, NBA, and other traditional sporting events.
Many thanks to our guest Johnson Yeh; host Oscar Ramos; producers Sagar Chaudhary and Lace Nguyen; editor David Xu; organizer Chinaccelerator; and sponsor People Squared. Be sure to check out our website www.chinaccelerator.com.
To join our listener group on WeChat, please add SOSV Helper (WeChat ID: sosvhero) and ask for the group invitation.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/asia-startup-pulse
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org