Manage episode 309413155 series 2681059
Intro: For all you hunters sniffing around the 6.8 Western, here's an in-depth look at the cartridge with A Man Who Knows: Browning's own Rafe Nielson.
6.8 Western cartridge discussion:
- Genesis of the 6.8 Western
- Significant differences from the .270 WSM
- Short shots & long shots with the 6.8 Western
- Hunt stories: Caribou, whitetails, and Roosevelt elk
- Cartridge comparisons: 6.8 Western vs. 7mm Rem. Mag., 6.5 PRC, and .280 Ackley Improved
- High-performance 6.8 Western loads in detail:
- 175-grain Long Range Pro bullet
- 165-grain AccuBond Long Range bullet
- 162-grain Copper Impact bullet
- Rifles chambered in 6.8 Western
- Browning's standard-line X-Bolt versions
- Browning's Pro series X-Bolts
- Browning's base model X-Bolts
- Winchester's Model 70
- Winchester's XPR
- Here to stay: Current sales and future promise of the 6.8 Western
Wrap: Is the 6.8 Western a candidate for an ultimate Western rifle for the one-gun hunter?
FRIENDS, PLEASE SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Join the Backcountry Hunting Podcast tribe and access all our patron-only bonus episodes, gear tips, and gear reviews on www.patreon.com/backcountry
Contribute via VENMO: @Joseph-vonBenedikt
VISIT OUR SPONSORS HERE: