Manage episode 324521168 series 2515624
Nobody likes tests. But the test is a recurring pattern in the biblical story for how God relates to his chosen ones. So are humans just lab rats in a divine experiment, or is there something else going on? Join Tim and Jon as they talk about the theme of the test and the famous account of Israel crossing the Sea of Reeds, as we dive into the second movement of the Exodus scroll.
- Part one (00:00-14:30)
- Part two (14:30-20:25)
- Part three (20:25-33:30)
- Part four (33:30-49:50)
- Part five (49:50-1:02:37)
- Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch (The IVP Bible Dictionary Series), T. Desmond Alexander and David W. Baker
- Bernard F. Batto
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- Reflection by Swørn
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.