111 | “Preparation is one of the Keys to Success – Advice from Base Layer to Socks to Trail Cams to Moose Sign”
Manage episode 341595495 series 2385359
- We are proud to announce our new partnership with Minus33. Our guest is Lawson Glidden, President of Minus33, who shares the long history of his company and their extensive product line. Layering is key to dealing with weather changes while hunting so Lawson shares his wealth of knowledge on Merino Wool and why his products stand out from competitors. Trying to battle the elements of Mother Nature we deal with as outdoor people can be life or death if you are not prepared. This conversation fits right into the BWB System we have created. Vital information for any outdoor person.
- Moose hunt - 2nd season a lot different than 1st season.
- Don’t scout to early if you have 2nd season tag.
- Trail cam pics can be a curse – good indication of the moose in the area but moose might not be there when you hunt. They go on a mission just like deer do during the rut.
- Alder rubs with broken stubs from years past much better indicator then random rubs.
- Hal is a fan of running and gunning even at first light.
- Some old bulls just like old turkey’s don’t talk too much.
- Guide Mike says get into their living room during 2nd season before you rack or call.
- 2nd season seems to be better to rack brush then call in some cases.
Don’t forget to use the discount code for your onX membership. Go to on onxmaps.com and enter discount code bwb for 20% discount. Please keep important feedback. Please use the link below. The Big Woods Team… https://www.bigwoodsbucks.com/Contact