Deshaun Watson Case Turns; LA Chargers’ Family Feud; LSU’s $50M Title IX Lawsuit; and MLB All Star Game Moved
Manage episode 289778635 series 2819616
1) 5:37 — The Deshaun Watson case begins to turn as Buzbee takes a back seat and accusers take the microphone; the Red Wedding of sponsorship as Nike & Co. cut bait on Watson; Tony Buzbee and Rusty Hardin duke it out in emergency motion practice; more litigating the case in the press and, of course, more Buzbeeisms.
2) 22:29 — Trouble in Baton Rouge as LSU Tigers are facing heavy fire, principally a $50M Title IX lawsuit against the school. There’s an apparent lack of institutional control (similar to Penn State with Joe Paterno) that threatens the future of the university.
3) 34:14— LA Chargers Family Dispute. The Intersection of Sports with Trusts & Estates is where we find ourselves at the center of a messy battle between the Spanos Family, the owners of the Los Angeles Chargers. A new legal petition alleges that the family trust’s debts and expenses exceed $353M and Trust Law - and an alleged breach of a fiduciary duty - now requires the team to be sold. The fate of the franchise is now in a Judge’s hand. Enter: Jeff Bezos?
4) 50:07 — MLB All-Star Game moved out of Georgia in response to the passage of a new voting law. The decision to move the game out of Georgia and into Colorado has sparked controversy. We disagree & we discuss.
5) 1:04:14 — UPDATES: Nike-v-Satan, Tiger Woods Crash, New Mexico joins Florida by passing NIL that goes into effect on July 1st
6) 1:06:09 — What to Watch For... Masters, Duke Law Symposium, & ABA-v-NBA Book
Have a question or something you want us to cover next episode? Drop us a DM on Instagram or Twitter:
Dan Wallach (@WallachLegal)
Dan Lust (@SportsLawLust)
Tarun Sharma (@TKSharmaLaw)
Stephanie Weissenburger (@SWeissenburger_)
The Show (@ConDetrimental)