Manage episode 288376513 series 2819616
1) 1:05 — After thousands of votes... the Winner of the “1L Iconic Case Bracket” is none other than the “cagey veteran” Helen Palsgraf! The Dans breakdown the bracket results.
2) 4:20 — Background on New York Senator Joe Addabbo, federal involvement in passing sports betting legislation, how legalization of gambling compares to the process of getting college athletes paid
3) 12:59 — Where New York stands with legalizing sports betting, competing proposals within the state pitting his against Governor Cuomo’s; Why NY is lagging behind other states; creation of sports betting jobs; allowing gambling at sports venues, and role of state constitution
5) 27:55 — From Lawyer to Senator. What he did on his path that got him to where he is today and the value of working for a small firm for transitioning into politics
6) 33:00 — Gambling royalties paid to leagues; future of iGaming; casino extension; site selection versus new license holders, possibility of constitutional amendment
7) 49:03 — Houston, we have a problem... Deshaun Watson demands a trade from the Texans— they reportedly refuse and now chaos ensues. As of today, Watson has been sued by 7+ massage therapists for allegations of sexual assault. The same attorney, Tony Buzbee, is representing all victims and has indicated that as many as 22 separate lawsuits may be filed. Conspiracy theories are buzzing as there are reported ties between the lawyer and Texans' ownership. We dissect the attorney’s media strategy, jury pool considerations, the evidence behind the allegations, and the NFL’s investigation / looming suspension.
Have a question or something you want us to cover next episode? Drop us a DM on Instagram or Twitter:
Dan Wallach (@WallachLegal)
Dan Lust (@SportsLawLust)
The Show (@ConDetrimental)