Manage episode 289027778 series 2819616
The Super Bowl of Sports Law!!! After a historic occasion like the U.S. Supreme Court taking on college sports, we are honored to have Lawyer / MAAC Commissioner Rich Ensor join the show. His MAAC conference includes: Canisius, Fairfield, Iona, Manhattan, Marist, Monmouth, Niagara, Quinnipiac, Rider, Saint Peter’s, and Siena. Along with Rich, we cover all things at the intersection of College Sports & Law.
1) 1:00 — Our thoughts on NCAA-v-Alston, recap live tweets of the joyous occasion and give Supreme Court predictions
2) 7:20 — MAAC Commissioner Rich Ensor joins the show! How this huge basketball fan / Seton Hall Law grad ended up becoming the longest tenured NCAA D1 Commissioner in the country and Treasurer of the Sports Lawyers Association. He’s very outspoken on all things college sports and an absolute wealth of Sports Law knowledge from his 30+ years of experience at the helm of the MAAC Conference.
3) 12:55 — Title IX issues, Possibility of Gender Lawsuits, TikTok at the heart of the Mens-v-Womens Basketball Bubble Controversy. See, Oregon’s Sedona Prince v. NCAA (March 2021) (“we got a weight room yeaaaaaaa”).
4) 24:58 — Recapping NCAA-v-Alston; State/Federal NIL is coming… how will college sports adapt? What to do about the looming Florida problem?
5) 32:05 — The Future of Sports Betting and College Sports
6) 41:30 — MAAC in March Madness, Transfer Portal Dilemma, and Trouble with Granting Eligibility Extensions
7) 57:49 — The Career Path. How to go from Political Science Major to NCAA Power-Player. The role his law school education played in his journey and how he uses it in his day-to-day responsibilities.
Have a question or something you want us to cover next episode? Drop us a DM on Instagram or Twitter:
Dan Wallach (@WallachLegal)
Dan Lust (@SportsLawLust)
The Show (@ConDetrimental)