Manage episode 288376512 series 2819616
On 3/31, oral argument in Alston will occur in the Supreme Court... the first college sports case to reach the highest court in 40 years. We give you everything you need to know!
1) 1:15 — Deshaun Watson now with 14 civil cases against him; His lawyer, Rusty Hardin, plays the “blackmail” card in his first public statement; Victims' Lawyer Tony Buzbee called a liar by the Houston Police Department / tries to get it to a grand jury; we cover it all.
2) 11:36 — Background of Gregg Clifton & Warren Zola
3) 16:25 — Interview Begins: The Supreme Court taking the NCAA-v-Alston case and why it's so important to the future of college sports
4) 25:35 — Antitrust Analysis. NIL Benefits/Potential
5) 34:50 — How a SCOTUS ruling will impact state NIL statutes like Florida’s that goes into effect July 2021
6) 45:06 — NIL Full Scale: Stare Decisis and Forum Shopping in California
7) 51:45 — Possible Outcomes of SCOTUS Ruling on Alston & Parting Thoughts
8) 57:09 — Enter the Solicitor General / How to Follow Oral Arguments on 3/31
Have a question or something you want us to cover next episode? Drop us a DM on Instagram or Twitter:
Dan Wallach (@WallachLegal)
Dan Lust (@SportsLawLust)
The Show (@ConDetrimental)