We often overlook Islamic history as a learning tool. The history of Islam is not only important for Muslims, but important for everyone. Islam and the people who call themselves Muslims have made an enormous impact on our world. The Islamic History Podcast is about discovering that history in a fun and interesting way.
Manage episode 69169455 series 33677
Creato da Debt Free Muslims, autore scoperto da Player FM e dalla nostra community - Il copyright è detenuto dall'editore, non da Player FM, e l'audio viene riprodotto direttamente dal suo server. Clicca sul pulsante Iscriviti per rimanere aggiornato su Player FM, o incolla l'URL del feed in un altra app per i podcast.
This episode covers:
- Picking a career path
- The importance of low-risk experiments like internships
- How LaunchGood started, and what all this "crowd-funding" business really is
- Challenges with crowd-funding specific to the Muslim community
- How crowd funding is changing as it grows, and a critical look at personal/individual crowd-funding campaigns
- LaunchGood's filtering process for what they allow on their site, and promoting responsible crowd-funding.
- Providing a means of giving sadaqah in a directly impactful way
- Misconceptions about crowd-funding
- Should you donate to relief projects through crowd-funding instead of established charities?
- Should you use crowd-funding to get out of personal debts?
- Why LaunchGood turned down a Masjid's crowd-funding campaign, and how they ended up raising the money anyways
- People raising funds for Islamic education, challenges dealing with your local community, and accountability
- Chris' favorite LaunchGood project
- Creating win-win crowd-funding campaigns
- Website: http://launchgood.com
- Launchgood on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/launchgood
- Launchgood on Twitter: https://twitter.com/launchgood
- iTunes Link: http://bit.ly/dfmpodcast
- Stitcher Radio: http://bit.ly/dfmstitcher
- Android (RSS): http://bit.ly/dfmpodcastrss