Manage episode 41960446 series 33677
About Joe Bradford:
Joe is traditionally and academically trained in the Islamic sciences. He holds a graduate degree in Islamic law from the University of Medina. He likes steak, star gazing, corny about pages, and long walks in the park. He has way too many kids. He currently works in finance and is an adviser to institutions and private individuals.
In this episode we discuss:
- The obligation of paying Zakat
- What every Muslim should know about the minimum requirements of paying Zakat
- What is a Nisab?
- Zakat & Debt (house, student loans, etc)
- Paying Zakat on gold
- Paying Zakat on investments (401k, Roth IRA, etc)
Connect with Joe Bradford:
- Website: JoeBradford.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/joebradfordnet
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bradford.Joe
If you enjoyed this podcast, please take a minute to share with a friend and RATE and SUBSCRIBE in iTunes.
ITunes Link: http://bit.ly/dfmpodcast
Stitcher Radio: http://bit.ly/dfmstitcher
Android (RSS): http://bit.ly/dfmpodcastrss
You can also visit our website and sign up for the email list to be notified of new episodes, articles, and get our FREE ebook – A Practical Guide to Debt and Personal Finance for Muslims: http://debtfreemuslims.com/get-our-free-ebook/