Manage episode 37650264 series 33677
Debt Free Muslim Podcast Episode 7
This episode is brought to you by MuslimMatters.org – Because Muslims matter.
Shaykh DeLorenzo is a member of the Sharia board for the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI). He is considered a leading authority on Islamic finance in the United States. He has translated over twenty books from Arabic, Persian, and Urdu for publication, including a three-volume Compendium of Legal Rulings on the Operations of Islamic Banks. Shaykh DeLorenzo has also been a pioneer in internet education with a course entitled "Principles of Islamic Investing." He is a member of Shari’ah boards of several Islamic financial institutions in the United States and abroad, including Dow Jones Islamic Markets and Guidance Financial Group. Shaykh DeLorenzo has served as secretary of the Fiqh Council of North America and was also an advisor on Islamic education to the government of Pakistan. Following a university education in the United States, Shaykh DeLorenzo studied the classical Shari’ah Sciences with scholars in Pakistan.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How Shaykh Yusuf got involved in the Islamic finance field.
- Challenges faced in providing shari'ah compliant home financing
- What's the next step for Islamic home financing in the US, and the need for more competition.
- Benefits of Islamic home financing over conventional financing (Islamic institutions don't go after your assets in cases of deficiency)
- Islamic finance companies will be transparent when the people begin to demand it
- Shaykh Yusuf's thoughts on student loans.
- What's needed for us to have a viable student loans solution.
- The importance of home ownership in the US
- The importance of setting financial goals for yourself.
Shaykh Nomaan Baig
Institute of Knowledge: http://instituteofknowledge.com/
If you enjoyed this podcast, please take a minute to share with a friend and RATE and SUBSCRIBE in iTunes.
ITunes Link: http://bit.ly/dfmpodcast
Stitcher Radio: http://bit.ly/dfmstitcher
Android (RSS): http://bit.ly/dfmpodcastrss
Purchase Android App from Amazon app store: http://bit.ly/debtfreemuslimsandroid
You can also visit our website and sign up for the email list to be notified of new episodes, articles, and get our FREE ebook – A Practical Guide to Debt and Personal Finance for Muslims: http://debtfreemuslims.com/get-our-free-ebook/