Manage episode 348333720 series 2706858
On this week’s episode of Enneagram IRL, we meet with Samantha Mackay, an Enneagram coach, trainer, and educator who specializes in using the Enneagram to amplify personal growth and healing. Samantha was a litigation lawyer until chronic stress and burnout lead her to evaluate what she really wanted in her life and to find the source of her pain. As a Self-Preservation Seven, she was good at ignoring her pain until her body made it clear that was no longer an option. She found the path to recovering from chronic stress and managing an autoimmune condition was to heal not just her physical body, but also her emotional, intellectual, and spiritual bodies. Her recovery journey started 15 years ago and she now supports others on their journey.
We discuss how Samantha found the Enneagram, her core type, and subtype, and how it now all plays a role in her life of personal healing, as well as coaching others to do the same. Such a fascinating episode that helps give great insight into the experience of a Self-Pres Seven.
Follow Samantha on Instagram: @individuo_coaching
Or connect with her online: www.individuo.co.nz
Here are the key takeaways:
- Samantha’s Self-Pres Seven experience
- Using the Enneagram in healing work
- The importance of recognizing the need for deep inner work
- Giving ourselves permission to heal, what this looks like, and being patient through the process
- Concision vs. Speed
- How can you connect and work with Samantha?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- iEQ9 Test
- Giving Yourself Permission to Heal Course
- Outsmarting Procrastination Course
- Clearing Overlooked Grief Course
- The Flight from Intimacy: Healing Your Relationship of Counter-Dependency - The Other Side of Co-Dependency by Barry K Weinhold and Janae B. Weinhold
Want to keep the conversation going? Join me on Instagram @ninetypesco to keep learning and chatting about how our types show up in REAL LIFE! Connect with me here: https://www.instagram.com/ninetypesco/?hl=en
Learn more about subtypes! Download my free subtypes guide here.
Want to stay up to date with all things Nine Types Co? Join my email-list and receive Enneagram reflections, thoughts about growth and personal development. Plus, you’ll get priority access to new offers and courses! Sign up here.
Not sure about your type? Get my free self-typing guide and a series of six emails to walk you through the whole process. Sign up here: https://ninetypes.co/selftyping-guide