Manage episode 290568085 series 2542482
Trevor McFedries joined us for a fascinating chat about his background in the football and music industries, and how this led him into crypto. Trevor is the cofounder of Brud, a technology startup specializing in artificial intelligence and media. At Brud, they create social media personas with the help of CGI technology, the most well known being Lil Miquela. Lil Miquela is a sentient robot navigating life in LA -- and has millions of followers on instagram.
Trevor also started Friends With Benefits, a gated online community on a private discord server with a community token. We talked with Trevor about the increasingly immersive social media experience, the future for creators and the future of organizations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Trevor's background in football and music, including his time working at Spotify
- An overview of Brud
- Who is Lil Miquela?
- How do these fictional characters fit into the 'real world'?
- How Trevor got into crypto
- The Friends with Benefits community
- Trevor's views on the future of DAOs
- Brud's experience with VCs as opposed to crowdfunding
- Trevor's take on NFTs and Lil Miquela's NFT drop
- The cultural impact of crypto to society and what the future looks like
- Solana: Solana is the high performance blockchain supporting over 50k transactions per second to power the next generation of decentralized applications. - https://solana.com/epicenter
- Exodus: Exodus the easy-to-use crypto wallet available on all platforms and supporting over 100 different assets. - https://exodus.com/epicenter
- ParaSwap: Give ParaSwap a try at paraswap.io/epicenter. This URL will allow you to claim a 50% refund on gas fees for your first swap of at least 1 Eth. This offer is available until May 1st 2021 and refunds will be made every Friday starting April 9th, 2021*Terms and conditions apply.
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Sunny Aggarwal. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/388