Manage episode 291136616 series 1334930
The general aviation industry has experienced more than five consecutive years of growth, even throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic. Serving this industry, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) is the largest general aviation association in America and offers endless advocacy and resources for current and future pilots. In this episode, we talk with Mike Ginter, Vice President of Airports and State Advocacy for AOPA, about why this industry continues to grow, how to become a pilot, and why general aviation is critical to the success of local communities.
Guest in this Episode
Mike Ginter is the Vice President of Airports and State Advocacy for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA).
Mentioned in this Episode
- AOPA is the largest aviation association in America with more 330,000 members.
- The pilot population has increased annually over the past five years and should continue to grow.
- Downtown Island Airport is MKAA’s general aviation airport
- Previous Podcast Episode: ‘General Aviation at the Island’
- AOPA provides pilots with any information they want to know regarding purchasing aircraft, maintenance, regulations, medical safety, legal support and more.
- On any given day, there are more Cessna 172s flying than 737s.
- ‘Civil Air Patrol Delivers Coronavirus Vaccine’
- AOPA’s Air Safety Institute
- Aviation safety is continuing to increase!
- Interested in becoming a pilot? Check out ‘You Can Fly’.
- Annual Aviation Events:
- Airport and Airway Trust Fund
- In order to be successful, communities need to look at their airports as a magnet for growth.
- AOPA: protecting your freedom to fly
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0
Feature Photo for this Episode
The post Clear Skies for General Aviation…Even During A Pandemic appeared first on From the Runway Up.