Jody McGinness and the Hemp Industries Association
Manage episode 353913626 series 2965541
Jonathan Miller interviews Jody McGinness, Executive Director of the Hemp Industries Association (HIA), about the HIA's past, present and future agenda. If you have questions about the episode or ideas for Hemp related topics, email us at email@example.com.
Hemp Industry questions covered in the episode:
1. What is the history of the Hemp Industries Association (HIA), the granddaddy of all hemp organizations in the United States?
2. How has HIA's litigation against the federal government shaped the industry and laid the groundwork for the crop's full legalization?
3. How has HIA transitioned from a rough period for the organization concurrent with the downturn of the industry and the rise of COVID?
4. When will HIA return to hosting its popular national conventions?
5. What are HIA's policy priorities for the 2023 Farm Bill and beyond?