The Future for Law in the Metaverse - David Turney - S6E12
Manage episode 347605268 series 2816714
From being shortlisted for the Rising Star Innovation Award in 2020, to winning Best Fundraising Lawyer in 2021, to now offering meetings in his office in the Metaverse... what can we expect next from the Co-Founder of an up-and-coming boutique law firm embracing the future of tech within the industry?
This week we're super excited to be chatting to 'The Cap Lawyer', David Turney and boy have we managed to cram the juiciest of conversations and info into a 30-minute podcast episode!
David is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of specialist law firm, Avery Law. He began his career at Allen & Overy, before moving GCM Global Energy PLC and David’s specialisms include, corporate, finance and fundraising in the tech sector.
Aside from this, David is a keen Metaverse enthusiast and often talks about this on his Twitter account. We asked him about his approach to the Metaverse and what this has to offer for law and the industry in the future and it proved to be an interesting topic of conversation...
𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧?
You can catch our Rob Hanna and David talk about:
- The struggles of getting into law school in present times
- How to establish a successful law firm and how he did it
- Important advice to investors and start-ups around the world
- Fundraising and how this sector involves and integrates technology
- Why corporate culture is important and how to promote it in your business
- His interests in the metaverse and why this may be the future for the law industry
🎧 Join us now on your favourite podcast streaming app!
Sponsored by Clio - the #1 legal software for clients, cases, billing and more!