Manage episode 306400949 series 2928395
90. Britt Harris, Gold Star Spouse of Army Spc. Christopher Michael Harris, shares her story of how she lost her Grandfather, Best Friend, and Husband all in a short span of a few months. Many people congratulate Britt after learning she's a Gold Star Spouse, even people in the military community. and when I did a poll in my stories, more than half of those surveyed did not know what a Gold Star Spouse was. That's why episode 90 of the Moments with an MEO podcast is about Britt Harris' story of becoming a Gold Star Spouse, and what you can do to help those close to you in grief.
In this episode, Britt and I chat about:
- The difference between a Blue star family and a Gold Star family
- What to expect in grief and loss
- What Britt experienced when her husband was killed in action in 2017 during his first deployment, only a few days after finding out that they were expecting a baby
- What you can do to help someone close as they go through grief
and of course, much more.
This episode does talk about her experience losing her husband and details around her experience with what seemed like a miscarriage. Please listen to this episode with tissues handy!
Connect with Britt Harris here.
Connect with Britt Lanza here.
Learn more about business coaching here.