Manage episode 299156011 series 2137790
How owning fewer, more permanent things can lead to greater freedom and continued economic growth.
Topics covered include:
- How a railroad company issued a bond that matured in 999 years
- Why land and gold are the most permanent investments
- What is the oldest currency in use
- Why fiat and cryptocurrencies are potentially worthless
- Why permanence is freedom and constantly craving more things limits freedom
- Why do quality goods cost more
- How the volume of trash generation and the number of storage units are increasing
- Why reducing the number of things we own is so difficult and how to go about doing it
- How the economy could change as people own things longer
For more information on this episode click here.