Manage episode 285227267 series 2878570
I'd like to welcome you to my podcast, "Music, Motivation, and More - The Positivity Podcast."
My name is Jerald Simon, and I am the host of "Music, Motivation, and More - The Positivity Podcast.
I am the founder of Music Motivation® (http://www.musicmotivation.com) and the creator of the Cool Songs Club (https://www.coolsongsclub.com).
In this episode, 009 - "Do Not Dwell on Defeat", I talk about the following:
1. Intro/Opening: Do not dwell on defeat. Feelings of defeat will destroy you.
2. Positive Perceptions: "Do Not Dwell on Defeat..." pg. 35 and "If you don't attempt something..." from Perceptions, Parables, and Pointers by Jerald Simon
3. Motivation in a Minute (a motivational/inspirational topic): "Adversity introduces a man to Himself..." pg. 172 from Perceptions, Parables, and Pointers by Jerald Simon
4. The Music Within: Inner Peace by Jerald Simon (from the album "Chasing Clouds" meditation music - by Jerald Simon
5. Poetry that Motivates - "Defeat" pg. 88 from my first poetry book, "The 'As If' Principle" (motivational poetry) featuring 222 motivational. inspirational poems I have written.
As a music educator, I have written 25 music books featuring original music I have composed and teaching piano students worldwide about music theory, improvisation, and composition. I refer to them as Theory Therapy, Innovative Improvisation, and Creative Composition. You can learn more about the various music books I have written on my website, http://www.musicmotivation.com. -
I began composing what have become known as Cool Songs to help motivate teens to want to play the piano - the FUN way. You can learn more about the fun, COOL SONGS I composed each month that have accompaniment minus tracks so students can play along with drums, guitars, keyboard synths, and other instruments and sound effects on my COOL SONGS website at https://www.coolsongsclub.com -
Here is a link where you can download a FREE PDF book on motivating teen piano students ("20 Ways to Motivate Teen Piano Students to Want to Play the Piano - the FUN way): http://www.coolsongsclub.com/freebook. After entering your email where you'd like the FREE PDF sent, the page will then refresh and you can learn more about the COOL SONGS Club.
You can join the COOL SONGS Club FaceBook group on my COOL SONGS FaceBook group page at this link: http://facebook.com/groups/coolsongsclub/ - If you know anyone who would be interested in joining this new group, please invite them. I'm excited to share ideas, suggestions, and hear your thoughts, ideas, and tips on motivating and inspiring piano students - the FUN way!
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/jeraldsimon)