How To Raise Kids Who Aren’t Assholes with Melinda Moyer
Manage episode 345197733 series 2809282
No matter where you live, or your religious or political views, the odds are good that most parents share one common goal...
we don’t want our kids to be A-holes.
Join us in this podcast episode as we sit down with science journalist, columnist for The New York Times, and author of the book How To Raise Kids Who Aren’t Assholes, Melinda Wenner Moyer. Melinda is a mom to two boys, living in New York’s Hudson Valley. She digs into the science on raising kind, compassionate, worldly kids and translate it for a lay audience.
We have a lively conversation about why it may not be a good thing to parent the exact same way as your friends or family do, why it’s good to make mistakes as a parent, how contingent love can raise an a-hole, and what you can do to raise your kids to be kind and compassionate.
Resources We Shared:
- How to strengthen your daughter’s mental game- This is a FREE training from Breanne Smedley to teach you what to say and do to help your daughter overcome her mistakes, release all the pressure, and flip negative thoughts so she believes in herself as much as you believe in her! You can check it out here: https://trainhergame.com/noguilt
- Listen to The Elite Competitor Podcast HERE
- How to Raise Kids Who Aren't Assholes: Science-Based Strategies for Better Parenting--from Tots to Teens by Melinda Wenner Moyer
- Sign up for Melinda’s parenting newsletter HERE.
- Visit No Guilt Mom
- Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here.
- Listen on Spotify? You can rate us there too! We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast!
Are you so thankful for your kids and need help figuring out how to control yourself better? You need the support, community and strategies of Balance VIP. Join us here.