Manage episode 276729801 series 1452971
[Content Note: contains quotes from news reporting which describes sexual assault and other forms of violence against women]
This episode of On the Engender, recorded in collaboration with Gender Equal Media Scotland, shines a light on how the media has been reporting on domestic abuse and other forms of violence against women during the pandemic.
- Professor Karen Boyle, Professor of Feminist Media Studies
- Saffron Roberts, Project Support Intern at Zero Tolerance
- Marsha Scott, CEO of Scottish Women's Aid
and hosted by Alys Mumford of Engender, the podcast explores how domestic abuse was portrayed during lockdown, shares some media monitoring findings, and looks to where reporting on violence against women is being done right.
The resources discussed in this episode are:
- Zero Tolerance's Media Guidelines On Violence Against Women
- Saffron's blogs on her media monitoring project
If you have been affected by any of the things we've talked about in this episode, you can call Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline 24/7 on 0800 027 1234, or email and web chat from www.sdafmh.org.uk.
You can also contact the Scottish Women's Rights Centre if you're not sure what your rights are.