Manage episode 218800840 series 1452971
This month, On The Engender is bringing you some highlights from 'Gendered Representations in Scottish News', a conference hosted by Engender, Strathclyde University and others working on women's equality and the media.
Sponsored by RSE, the conference brought together journalists, academics and campaigners to talk about how the media can be a tool for equality.
This episode features:
- Professor Karen Boyle (University of Strathclyde)
- Fiona McKay (University of Strathclyde)
- Talat Yaqoob (Women 5050)
- Karen Ross (University of Newcastle)
- Jo Zawadzka (Zero Tolerance)
- Margaret Hughes (Association of Journalism Education)
- Fiona Vera-Gray (University of Durham)
- Brenna Jessie (Scottish Women’s Aid)
- Jane Dehenny (Gender Hub)
- Angela Haggerty (The Herald)
- Alys Mumford (Engender)
You can also listen to the keynote speeches from Sarah Macharia from the Global Media Monitoring Project and Vanessa Born from Gender Equity Victoria over on the Gender Equal Media Scotland website.
This episode was funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh, and produced by Amanda Stanley on behalf of Engender.
Jingle by Bossy Love.