Manage episode 229638107 series 1452971
100 years on from the Representation of the People Act, we're pleased to present a new On the Engender miniseries exploring the history and legacy of the suffrage movement in Scotland, and the barriers which still exist today for young women, refugee and asylum seeking women, women in prison, trans women and non binary people, and women facing domestic abuse. Over the next few weeks we'll be bringing you some amazing people talking about Scottish women and the vote over the last century, and where we go from here.
This episode is the fourth part of our Vote Centenary Grant Scheme funded miniseries and and features our host Alys Mumford and these special guests:
- Eilidh Dickson, Policy and Parliamentary Manager, Engender
- Binta Ditchburn, Refugee Women's Strategy Group
- Mhurai Dzingisai, Refugee Women's Strategy Group
- Mubina Irfan, Refugee Women's Strategy Group
- Vic Valentine, Policy Officer, Scottish Trans Alliance
This episode was produced by Amanda Stanley for Engender, and the jingle was written by Bossy Love.