Manage episode 247264752 series 2426383
On the podcast today we are going to talk about transparency in pricing. We hear it all the time. The need to be transparent. I am going to tell you right now, there should be some boundaries around this - and spoiler alert – I don’t think we need to tell our clients everything. Listen to the podcast to hear the argument for being transparent in our process but guarded in our pricing.Topics Mentioned:
- When I began in the interior design industry 20 years ago, the most common way of pricing was by doubling (or more) the cost of the product.
- There is nothing worse than a client asking to see all of your invoices, all of your time statements.
- The pleasure of the experience is removed when we share too much.
- Let’s move the transparency to a place that makes more sense for our industry and for the final outcome of the client.
- “Margins” and “mark-ups” are not bad words.
- There can be some mystery around your pricing. It’s ok!
- Email: Team@ScarletThreadConsulting.com
- Facebook: Scarlet Thread Consulting
- Instagram: @ScarletThreadATL