Manage episode 315522289 series 2517272
Bo and Charlie finally answer the questions that have plagued society our entire lives:
- Do video games cause violence?
- And, if so, is there a good ROI on that or should we just teach our kids to play "cops" instead?
Along the way, we read...
- An op-ed in Newsweek in which Contrarian "Journalist" CHRISTOPHER J. FERGUSON takes up the cause of defending Instagram but also Video Games. Lord knows what drives this man.
- A Kotaku story about the engineer responsible for the PlayStation Store noncing his way out of a job and onto a bargain-basement To Catch A Predator which mostly seem like YouTube clout sharks playing on the moral panic du jour. (Charlie also found a tweet with Discord screenshots suggesting this awful YouTube guy does, in fact, do this 'cause he hates gay people. She admits it's a bogus-looking tweet, but asserts that her stance on this guy's methods is vindicated by it.)
We also discuss:
- The british movie Gatwick Gangsters and how the Soviets still have the nukes! They still got 'em, folks!
- Christian dating sims and bipolar Christian video game companies.
Last, here's our additional sources, because we're nothing if not Responsible Journalists.
- I would have put something here, but all the PlayStation exec Grindr convo tweets have been deleted and the screenshots removed from the YouTube video. So, take that with a grain of salt. Scam stuff going on here, I tells ya. Don't trust folks makin' a buck off pedo panic junk!
Subscribe to our Patreon for as little as $1 a month and get a whole extra episode each week!
Check out our links!
Follow the hosts on Twitter: