Manage episode 288284569 series 1601405
It is a reality for most churches. Many members will not return when the church regathers. Leaders must prepare for that reality. Kevin and Thom discuss how to best approach this issue.
- Be prepared for around 20% not to return.
- Understand that the departure for many of them was already in place before COVID.
- Low expectation churches are partly to blame.
- Establish a prayer ministry focused on those who do not return.
- Don’t assume they will never return.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post How Church Leaders Should Handle the Issue of Church Members Not Returning appeared first on Church Answers.