Manage episode 292317771 series 2718332
05-04-21 Tech Talk
~ Recorded Live from KOWS FM 92.5 ~
Whether it was the abundant technology that surrounded Tech Talk host Rick DeMeis in the 2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus subcompact crossover or that his spouse enjoyed the quiet comfort she experienced in the vehicle as he drove, there were plenty of good things to be said about the small, all-wheel drive utility vehicle in this week’s episode. All things considered, it sounds like quite a bargain at under $36K. Listen in, let us know if you agree.
There also is news in this week’s podcast of a study that identifies which vehicle colors most affect value. You’ll be surprised. Then there’s an update on the NASA contract kerfuffle over who gets to build the next Lunar Lander. That’s followed by technology news briefs from around the world that feature a driverless taxi in China, a classic three-wheel vehicle roll out in Spain, and a camel-inspired material being developed at MIT in Cambridge, MA that cools very efficiently. So stay tuned and don’t miss any of it.
A weekly feature on KOWS 92.5 FM radio Newtopian Dream program hosted by RT Newt.
Enjoy listening to your favorite episodes while you drive.
Tune in to Tech Talk on Stitcher.
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus AWD
photos courtesy of Mazda Media
- Skyactiv-G 2.5 Turbo engine
- 250 horsepower at 5,000 rpm (93 Octane)
- 227 horsepower at 5,000 rpm (87 Octane)
- 320 lb-ft of torque at 2,500 rpm (93 Octane)
- 310 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm (87 Octane)
- All-Wheel Drive w/ Off-Road Traction Assist
- 6-speed Automatic Transmission w/ Manual Shift Mode & Sport Mode
- Windshield-projected Active Driving Display
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
- 360° View Monitor
- Smart City Brake Support Forward & Reverse
- Rear Cross-Traffic Braking
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring w/ Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning w/ Lane-Keep Assist
- High Beam Control
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Leather Seats
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift Knob
- 18-inch Black Aluminum Alloy Wheels
- Gloss Black Door Mirrors
- Frameless Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- LED Signature Illumination Headlights & Taillights
- Aluminum Roof Rails
- Chrome Interior Accents
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Bose® 12-Speaker Premium Audio
- Heated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel W Paddle Shifters
- Power Moonroof
- Power Liftgate
“The combination of the turbo engine and standard i-Activ all-wheel drive system with off-road traction assist help expand the capabilities of the CX-30 to offer fans the freedom to explore life in style, from the city to the outdoors.” ~ Mazda Media
More Tech News:
Need A Face Mask?
Tech Talk listeners can receive a discount on stylish, high quality face masks purchased from Needham, MA-based Rafi Nova. Just used the Code KOWSRADIO at checkout. Rafi Nova is a fair-trade and sustainable fashion brand. Find them at rafinova.com