Manage episode 291762137 series 2135834
From adventures in learning, a recipe for great collaborations, to creativity and problem-solving in tech. It's a deep dive chat with Wes Payne.
Other topics include:
- one definition of Wes-work
- introvertedness and the subtle art of being agreeable
- strategies in brainstorming
- entropy and evolution of routines in creativity
- hammock time and meditation
- Buddhism and our mind's understanding of the world
- the importance of context in comprehension
Note: Brent's chat with Wes originally aired as part of an excellent series of Brunchs.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- The World Before Your Feet | Now Playing in Theaters
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweek
- Six Thinking Hats - Wikipedia
- Daily Rituals: A Guided Tour of Writers’ and Artists’ Creative Habits – Brain Pickings
- Hammock Driven Development - Rich Hickey - YouTube
- Hammock-driven development | Convinced Coder
- No “yes.” Either “HELL YEAH!” or “no.” | Derek Sivers
- Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment by Robert Wright
- Natalie Wexler