End of the Road | LINUX Unplugged 473
Manage episode 339234263 series 2135834
We've reached the end of the road in our immutable Linux series, and an old friend stops by to give us the inside scoop on Endless OS.
Plus, we announce who will be joining us at JPL in September.
Special Guest: Cassidy James Blaede.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- GNOME launches a new “telemetry” program to improve GNOME
- gnome-info-collect repository — gnome-info-collect is a simple client-server application used for collecting information on GNOME systems. The data will be used to improve GNOME, specifically by informing design decisions, influencing where resources are invested, and generally helping us to understand users better.
- Self contained flake for gnome-info-collect courtesy of kenji
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups
- JB Matrix westcoastcrew Meetup Room
- Hot on Fountain
- Mobilizon — Mobilizon is a tool that helps you find, create and organize events.
- Endless OS — Comes preloaded with over 100 apps and essential tools so you have all you need, even when there's no internet access.
- May 7th 2020: Zoom Acquires Keybase
- MSGConvert — A .MSG to mime/mbox converter
- VisiData — VisiData is an interactive multitool for tabular data. It combines the clarity of a spreadsheet, the efficiency of the terminal, and the power of Python, into a lightweight utility which can handle millions of rows with ease.
- googerteller — audible feedback on just how much your browsing feeds into google.
- Espanso — Tired of typing the same sentences over and over? Discover the incredible power of a full-blown text expander.
- New Jupiter Broadcasting Website