Manage episode 290534282 series 2135834
Our thoughts on the hardware Apple announced this week, and if any of it is suitable for professional workloads.
Plus your feedback, a few random stories, and more.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Apple Will Keep 15 to 30% Cut of Podcast Subscriptions — Apple today announced a new podcasts subscription feature that's coming to the Podcasts app. Podcast subscriptions will let podcast publishers sell subscriptions to an individual show or a group of shows, with pricing starting at 49 cents per month
- Steve Troughton-Smith on Twitter — Interesting that Apple went to the trouble of showing off things like Continuity & Handoff that macOS has had for years — they must really be anticipating a fresh audience for these iMacs
- All The Apple Park Transitions—April 20, 2021 — Apple announces new iMac, AirTags, iPad Pro with the M1 processor, and more at its Spring Loaded event. It also offered a glimpse of the Apple Park campus by means of transitions for each presentation section.
- Apple Spring Event Live Commentary - JupiterTube — Event coverage starts about 24 min.
- Magic Keyboard With Touch ID Compatible With All M1 Macs, But Only Sold With iMac For Now — Alongside the redesigned iMac, Apple introduced a new Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for fingerprint authentication
- Apple's Bright New iMacs Come With Color-Matched Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Power Cord and USB-C Cable
- New Apple TV 4K Supports WiFi 6, Thread and HDMI 2.1 — In addition to a new Siri Remote and a faster A12 processor.