Manage episode 341792676 series 2135928
Mike's first look at a built from scratch yet to be released IDE. And we cook up a little Adobe-flavored bacon.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Instacart Plans to Focus IPO on Selling Employee Shares — Most shares listed will come from employees, in a move that could help the delivery company retain and recruit talent
- Directory of Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup Chatrooms — Join us in the Matrix with this handy Meetup Space.
- JetBrains Fleet: The Next-Generation IDE by JetBrains — Built from scratch, based on 20 years of experience developing IDEs. JetBrains Fleet uses the IntelliJ code-processing engine, with a distributed IDE architecture and a reimagined UI.
- Adobe snaps up Figma for $20B, taking out one of its biggest rivals in digital design — Adobe today announced that it would acquire Figma for $20 billion, taking out one of its biggest rivals in the realm of digital design.
- Adobe’s Figma acquisition is a $20 billion bet to control the entire creative market
- Figma — Figma is the only platform that brings together powerful design features you already love and a more efficient workflow to boot.
- Why Figma is Worth $20B — Figma had crossed the ‘this matters to Adobe’s future’ rubicon. They hit $400m ARR and were continuing to double. Figma revenue, independent of margin, was increasingly displacing revenue that might have gone to Adobe, or more specifically, creating pricing pressure on Adobe. It was a product designed natively to be collaborative, to be easier to use than Adobe’s professional tools, and without the baggage of features and nomenclature leftover from years of software releases, platform shifts, and business model changes.
- Follow Chris on Fountain.FM
- Grab a New Podcast App — Upgrade to a new Podcasting 2.0 compatible app, and boost into the show!