First transgender athlete qualifies for the Olympics; Euro 2020 rainbow flag row; UEFA scraps away-goals rule; Swimming & weightlifting doping cases; New crowd decisions for Euros & Olympics
Manage episode 295975919 series 2885970
Episode 24 of Sport Unlocked, the podcast dissecting the week's sports news issues with interviews and insight from Rob Harris, Martyn Ziegler and Tariq Panja.
On the agenda on June 25, 2021:
- New Zealand weightlifter Laurel Hubbard becomes the first transgender athlete to qualify for the Olympics. We'll speak to Kristen Worley, the transgender cyclist who advises Olympics chiefs after suing them alleging agender verification policies were discriminatory. There's also insight from sports scientist Ross Tucker
- UEFA: Away-goals rule is scrapped but far more controversial decisions this week were to block the rainbow colours appearing on the Munich Euro 2020 stadium and pushing for foreign visitors to be allowed to watch games at Wembley.
- The three-time Olympic champion banned from the Olympics as Sun Yang loses her doping ban case
- Weightlifting doping scandal
- Latest on crowd limits at the Tokyo Olympics
Send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyadenCreative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-loveMusic promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4