Manage episode 303813709 series 2990372
This is our “life is what happens when you’re making plans” episode…
On episode #5 of Supercasters, we spoke to Radiolab co-founder Mikel Ellcessor. It was chocked full of goodness for everyone who’s growing a paid membership plan. Well... a few weeks later, Mikel reached out to say he couldn’t stop thinking about Supercast-- and now he’s joined the team as Partnerships Lead!
Today, Mikel and Jason Sew Hoy, Co-Founder of Supercast, talk about how it all went down, how to shape the right paid model in 2021, and Mikel's view on the two key things you need to get started with paid memberships.
- 1:37 Building the support role for creative people
- 2:57 The sense of mission before publishing a podcast
- 4:00 What Mikel learned about monetization at WNYC Studios and the two key things you need to start paid memberships
Sign up to the premium feed (premium.supercast.com) and get access to the rest of the conversation below:
- 6:06 Paid podcasting works for many different industries and creators
- 7:15 What Supercast provides behind the scenes
- 8:38 2021 is the time to get the paid membership program up and running
- 9:58 A Thousand True Fans and how you can get that through podcasting
- 11:00 The internet was full of advertisements in the nineties
- 12:21 Getting memberships going for a diverse range of voices
- 14:11 The open ecosystem and paid podcast communities