Manage episode 303813711 series 2990372
In this episode, we’re having a conversation with the Nicest Guy in Podcasting!
Matt Staudt is the President of Jamstreet Media, a premium podcast production company based in LA that creates original podcasts for brands and the entertainment industry. With previous experience as a Morning Show radio host to the Founding Director of Content at Stitcher and launching 300+ podcasts at iHeartRadio, Matty's a true pioneer in the podcasting industry, as well as being a passionate teacher. He created the nation's first university-level podcasting department for the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
Whether it's developing original shows, coaching talent, or planning podcast strategy for hundreds of shows at once, Matty's a wealth of experience.
We talked about:
- Growing a podcast on a scrappy budget: what are the key levers?
- Podcast mission statements and why you might fail without one
- The Matty Staudt Formula for a successful podcast using the 3 E’s
- Why niche podcasts are more powerful than celebrity shows
In the premium episode, we do a real life coaching session and get in the hot seat as Matt critiques our own show Supercasters. Don’t miss the teardown! Listen by subscribing to the Supercasters premium feed.
- 1:38 Matt's obsession with radio and swearing on air
- 3:29 Joining Stitcher leading content
- 5:57 The genres that were doing well in podcasting during Stitcher's start
- 7:41 "I could do whatever I wanted with podcasts" Matt's role at Stitcher
- 9:02 Speaking radio and podcasting, and the limits of radio
- 10:35 The potential of radio talent in podcasting
- 12:03 Starting up Jamstreet Media
- 14:22 Meeting Joe Pistone, Vanessa Mdee and other amazing hosts
- 17:40 What Matt is looking for in a successful podcast
- 20:20 Always start with a mission statement
- 21:42 The key levers to growing a podcast
- 23:34 How Jamstreet Media taps into communities and community owners
- 25:36 Celebrity podcasts won't last long
- 27:49 The power of local niche podcasts
- 28:45 Covering diverse and local voices
- 32:02 The future of podcast monetization according to Matt Staudt
Jamstreet Media Instagram