Manage episode 229931693 series 1386454
Welcome back to another episode of The Bad Girls Bible Podcast. Today on the show, we are joined by Alaina Schwartz to talk about her marriage of 17 and a half years and her subsequent divorce. Alaina grew up on long island in New York in a family of staunch disciplinarians that was incredibly emotionally dysfunctional, emotionally violent and sometimes even physically so. After high school, Alaina moved away to New York where she went to law school, and eventually was a lawyer in the music industry for almost 18 years. Today she is a successful transformational mindset and business coach, who teaches her clients the same mindset tools that radically changed her life. In this episode we talk about everything from how her husband was incredibly romantic at first, how she started to realize something wasn’t quite right in her relationship, how she earned more than him, and also how she stayed positive since divorcing him. So for an incredibly honest, and insightful conversation, be sure to tune in to today’s episode.Key Points From This Episode
- Alaina’s background story and her early life.
- The day the Alaina met her ex husband: love at second sight.
- Timeline and story of how Alaina’s ex husband proposed.
- Alaina’s fairytale wedding in Central Park.
- The first couple of years of their marriage.
- The incident that led up to their marital problems.
- Alaina’s heartbreak and challenges with her in-laws.
- The lowest point Alaina experienced in her marriage.
- When Alaina finally decided to move on with her life.
- Facing the allegations of being called an “unfit mother”.
- How Alaina’s life has turned out differently than what she expected.
- Why Alaina has no regrets from her past.
- Advice for listeners who are going through a divorce: mindset shift.
“I was determined to try to make it work every day I was there and every day I was rejected by him.” — @alaina_s7 [0:25:25]
“There was no doubt that I thought we were going to be together forever that we would figure out a way to make that work.” — @alaina_s7 [0:26:26]
“There can be multiple people that are really good for us in our lives at different times in our lives, depending on how we grow.” — @alaina_s7 [0:26:46]Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Alaina Schwartz — https://alainaschwartz.com/
Alaina on Twitter — https://twitter.com/alaina_s7