Manage episode 304106660 series 2503879
You work hard to perfect the act of juggling everything in your life and career. You try to be a great mom, a supportive spouse, a reliable friend, a helpful daughter, and a knowledgeable leader at work.
But sometimes, being on double, triple, even quadruple duty every day starts to take its toll. With little to no time for yourself, you wonder how much further you can bend until you break.
In today’s world, women continue to increase our responsibilities at work while simultaneously retaining responsibilities at home. With stress for women clocking in at 50% higher than men in the same age group, this “do-it-all” generation of women is starting to feel the strain.
Unless we demand better for ourselves, we’ll continue to be a part of the problem.
OR, we can choose to be part of the solution.
In today’s episode, Blake explores how the mounting duties of home and work-life compound, specifically in the lives of women. She reveals startling statistics about how this increasing level of responsibility is affecting our stress levels and overall health before diving into a discussion on how taking the reins and making the decision to invest in yourself is not only the solution to regaining control, but it’s also the path to clarity and ultimately, a happier, more fulfilling life for you and your family.
What You’ll Learn:
- How your life and career impact one another (4:09)
- Taking control of the reins and reclaiming your time (5:34)
- Making the decision to invest in yourself (8:22)
- How women just like you have created more fulfilling lives and careers (12:40)
- We feel responsible for making sure our team has what they need, that we're supporting them, making sure they're developed, and they feel valuable. And then, at the end of the day, there's little to nothing left for us. And this inherently is part of the problem.
- What is happening at your job impacts your life and what's happening in your life impacts your job.
- If you find yourself overstressed, stretched for time, wishing and dreaming about taking a vacation just to get a break, then it's time to take the reins back in your life. It's time to reclaim your time, your energy, and your mind!
- If you find yourself longing for more time to work out, take care of yourself, spend with your kids, do things with friends, or for the community, or you just want more peace of mind and energy at the end of the day, know that the solution starts with you.
Rather than hoping the grass will be greener, identify what the RIGHT next step is.
We can help you do just that.
Get clarity on where you are on your journey to career fulfillment, where you’re headed, optional paths to get there, and the right next step to take.
Start your complimentary, Personalized Career Fulfillment Plan by going to www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/plan Want free resources to set your job search up for success? You can get them by going to: http://www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/mistakes