Controversy, Multiverses, 80s Movie Soundtracks | The Best of 2022
Manage episode 351133927 series 3540
On this episode of The Hollywood Outsider podcast, it's the Best of 2022 as we assemble our most popular topics of 2022 in ONE episode: Controversy, Multiverses, and 80s Movie Soundtracks!
First up, we decided it was time to get a bit controversial and weigh in on a few of our unpopular opinions or theories in entertainment news. Is Wes Anderson vastly overrated? Should Star Wars have ended with Return of the Jedi? Is E.T. really an allegory for something deeper, perhaps a love story? All of these and more are discussed and probed as The Hollywood Outsider gets controversial.
Then we’re taking a journey through the multiverse. Specifically, the concept of multiverses as a storytelling device. While many might think this starts and ends with Marvel’s recent slate of films including Spider-Man: No Way Home, in fact, multiverses have been around for decades in various forms. As this backdrop of storytelling explodes in popularity, we take a look at it and discuss if it has a long-term future in modern filmmaking.
We conclude with our most popular topic of the year as we decided to look back at the original for inspiration and devote our topic to 80s movie soundtracks! Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Purple Rain, The Blues Brothers, the list goes on and on and on. What was your favorite soundtrack from the 80s era?Discussed on this episode
- (0:00 – 49:16) Let's Get Controversial
- (49:17 – 1:13:34) Journey Through the Multiverse
- (1:13:35 – 2:05:12) 80s Movie Soundtracks
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider and gain immediate access to bonus content, including Patreon exclusive podcast content like our Bad Movie Night by visiting Patreon.com/ TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group