Manage episode 298611464 series 2855655
We all like to indulge from time to time, allow a piece of cake here, skip a gym day there and so on. However, sometimes these allowances become bad habits on a subconscious level, ones we don’t even realize we’re doing. It feels good at the moment, but it may take the course of your life way off track.
Welcome back to The Unlimited Potential Show! In today’s episode, we take a deep dive into the book Atomic Habits: Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results by James Clear. Join us as we discuss the impact even a small habit may have on your health and mental state. For example, those five cups of coffee may have more significant consequences down the road than you think, and breaking a habit is almost more challenging than creating a new one. We cover all this and more while working through our own atomic habits.
Listen in as we talk about the 4 step process of cue, craving, response, and reward to create any habit easily. We walk step by step through the habits we want to implement, as well as the micro habits that keep us from our Unlimited Potential. You’ll learn precisely what will work and what will set you up for failure, as well as reducing a new habit down to 2 minutes, and even the best three ways to break a habit. From spending hours on our phones to waking up early and exercising every morning, we all have small practices that can either improve or degrade our lives. Which way will you choose?
To hear more about atomic habits, hit that play button and grab a notebook because this episode is jam-packed with useful information!
For more resources or to join our private Facebook group, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The impact of a small bad habit
- Common micro habits you might do
- How to create a new habit in 4 steps
- Real life examples on the 4 step process
- Why you should be specific when setting a goal
- Creating an environment for your habit to thrive
- The two minute habit
- Establishing a habit before doing it
- Tips to make or break a habit
- Anticipation of rewards and how they help us
- The best ways to break a bad habit
- And much more!
Private Facebook Community:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:57 - Here’s what we talk about
- 6:02 - What are habits
- 10:21 - Subconscious habits we have
- 15:05 - The four-step process of creating a habit
- 19:43 - The first step in changing a habit
- 24:42 - Minimizing distractions
- 28:24 - Assigning a craving to your cue
- 34:50 - Simplifying your new habit
- 39:30 - Reducing friction
- 43:47 - Making your reward satisfying
- 48:40 - 3 ways to break a bad habit
- 52:34 - Creating a habit contract
- 56:05 - The trick of habit stacking
- 1:02:40 - Praise the good, criticize the bad
- 1:04: 22 - Closing thoughts