Manage episode 299742587 series 2855655
It's a part of life we've all seen. The rise and fall of businesses like GM, Circuit City, and Redbox. Companies that should have had no problem stepping into a new century and yet somehow fell flat. So what caused them to fail while others like Apple, Ford, and Netflix skyrocketed?
We'll give you a hint; it had nothing to do with their products and everything to do with their vision.
Welcome back to The Unlimited Potential show! In today's episode, we take a deep dive into Simon Sinek's "The Infinite Game." This book is packed with information about how you can change your mindset from short-term strategies to making a lasting impact not only in your life but the lives of those you lead as well. From taking care of your employees to changing the world, you'll learn the power an infinite mindset has when it comes to your legacy.
Listen in as we discuss the importance of focusing on what matters and how finding your why is pivotal in creating the life you want. You'll learn practical tips for leading with courage, creating a just cause people will fight for, and building a team that trusts you. We talk about the five keys to an infinite mindset and how these principles helped businesses like Costco, Apple, and Amazon grow into industry juggernauts. You’ll even get a new perspective on your competitors and how they actually help you stay in business longer!
So, put in your headphones and get ready to take notes because you do not want to miss this chance of growing your potential and leaving a lasting legacy in this world.
For more challenges, discussions, and tips, check out our private Facebook group in the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Focusing on things that really matter
- The difference between a finite and infinite mindset
- How focusing on the employees helps business
- 5 keys to help you play the infinite game
- Staying in the game as long as possible with continuous self-improvement
- Finding the just cause behind your business
- How your just cause can help you through hard times
- The importance of having a trusting team
- Finding a worth rival to motivate you
- Creating a healthy industry for everyone
- Why you should embrace technology in your industry
- And much more!
Private Facebook Community:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 - What to expect today
- 0:55 - Conversation starts
- 3:22 - Jumping into the topic
- 7:35 - How you lose with a finite mindset
- 11:47 - An example of an infinite mindset
- 15:26 - The 5 keys to playing an infinite game
- 21:24 - Creating something worth sacrificing for
- 24:46 - 5 standards of having a just cause
- 29:26 - Creating a better world
- 33:28 - Having a just cause for everyone
- 36:18 - Building teams that trust you
- 38:57 - A worthy rival
- 44:47 - Preparing for existential flexibility
- 47:17 - Disrupting your own model
- 51:18 - Demonstrating courage as a leader
- 55:45 - Closing thoughts