Manage episode 287259824 series 2695480
In this episode, the gents examine what C.S. Lewis considered the fourth love, Agape or divine "God love."
- Is love really all you need, as the Beatles said?
- The necessity of relying on God's help in order to love properly.
- What a properly ordered love looks like.
- Why Agape is the only love which does not have the potential to bring misery.
- How Agape relates to the other three loves.
- How God "implants" the capacity to love - gift-love and need-love particularly - in us.
- The cure for restless hearts.
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
About our Sponsor:
Covenant Eyes is a screen monitoring and accountability platform for all your devices which will help you kick your porn addiction once and for all. Stephen personally used this to help him break free of the vicious cycle of addition. The resources provided by Covenant Eyes also help you identify triggers, form healthy new habits, boost your confidence, and restore hope so that you can live the life you want to live.
Our followers can get 30 days FREE by using the promo code "VIRTUE" at checkout.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe.
Check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you will receive an invite to by signing up for our newsletter.
You can also contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@ManlyVirtue), or Gab (@vitalmasculinity).--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support