Manage episode 286715474 series 2695480
In this episode, the gents tackle a more controversial question - can men and women be friends? Should they be? The answer is more complicated than you may think.
- A recap of the three Aristotelian forms of friendship.
- Can men and women be friends?
- Why is there typically the temptation to eros in these friendships?
- What does male/female friendship look like before marriage?
- The rise of nice guy syndrome.
- Should you be friends with a member of the opposite sex when you're in a relationship?
- The importance of boundaries - the "Mike Pence" rule.
- Why men and women should have their own spaces to be with "their own."
View the full show notes here.
Related Podcast Episodes:
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
About our Sponsor:
Covenant Eyes is a screen monitoring and accountability platform for all your devices which will help you kick your porn addiction once and for all. Stephen personally used this to help him break free of the vicious cycle of addition. The resources provided by Covenant Eyes also help you identify triggers, form healthy new habits, boost your confidence, and restore hope so that you can live the life you want to live.
Our followers can get 30 days FREE by using the promo code "VIRTUE" at checkout.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe.
Check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you will receive an invite to by signing up for our newsletter.
You can also contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Twitter (@theVMPod), or Gab (@vitalmasculinity).
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support