Manage episode 278149022 series 2695480
In this episode, the gents continue to discuss philia, or friendship, the second love in the C.S. Lewis/Ancient Greek hierarchy of love. This discussion focuses on Cicero's take on friendship in his classic work De Amicitia.
- Greek vs. Roman Virtue.
- Why are good friends virtuous?
- The relationship between amicitia and amor.
- Honor and friendship.
- The "first law of friendship."
- Three erroneous principles of friendship.
- Limits and guides to friendship.
- The importance of loyalty.
- How does affability help define good friends?
- The foundation of friendship.
- New vs. Old Friends.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe. Also, check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you can do by signing up for our newsletter. You can also contact us via email or Twitter (links are on our website). We look forward to continuing the conversation with you.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support