Manage episode 284767383 series 2695480
In this episode, the gents discuss continue their exploration of distortions of eros, the third love, by examining the opposite approaches advocating a Victorian puritanism and a more open and promiscuous stance.
- How do Christians properly view the body and natural desire?
- Why is a promiscuous worldview incorrect?
- What do the Victorians and Puritans get wrong about a prude and rigid treatment of eros and sex?
- What a properly ordered eros or desires look like.
- Why sex and pleasure are, at a base level, good until they become corrupted.
- Is eros mainly an evolutionary appetite?
- Does this carnal element of eros make it dangerous?
- Why our view of Eros and sexuality need not be restrictive if ordered properly.
View the full show notes here.
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
About our Sponsor:
Covenant Eyes is a screen monitoring and accountability platform for all your devices which will help you kick your porn addiction once and for all. Stephen personally used this to help him break free of the vicious cycle of addition. The resources provided by Covenant Eyes also help you identify triggers, form healthy new habits, boost your confidence, and restore hope so that you can live the life you want to live.
Our followers can get 30 days FREE by using the promo code "VIRTUE" at checkout.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe.
Check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you will receive an invite to by signing up for our newsletter.
You can also contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@theVMPod), or Gab (@vitalmasculinity).6xgment names before you publish--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support