Manage episode 288892827 series 2695480
In this episode, Stephen interviews Michael Thomas of Sharon, a homesteader, on the importance of homesteading, tradition, place, and much more.Show Highlights:
- Why Michael decided to go live on an 18th century farm.
- The importance of a sense of place.
- Why tradition and culture are tied in to place.
- What we can learn from those that came before us.
- On man's reaction to modernity and what we can do about it.
- The role of God and faith in tradition.
- The balance Michael carries between modernity and tradition.
- Why we need to "purify" ourselves first before jumping fully into homesteading.
- The importance of humility and learning from our mistakes.
- Why incremental steps are better than a big, sudden move.
- The need for others and learning from the past.
- The importance of the Benedict Option.
- How you can connect with Michael and learn more about his projects in upstate NY.